- Might 19, 2013: The U.S. debt ceiling was formally raised to roughly $16.699 trillion. The value was $116.3, with a share achieve of 4.7%.
- October 17, 2013: The disaster ended with the passing of the Persevering with Appropriations Act 2014. The value of Bitcoin was $143, with a share achieve of 0.23%.
- October 7, 2021: The Senate voted to boost the debt ceiling. The value was $53,776 and gained 3.7%.
- December 16, 2021: Congress voted to extend the debt ceiling by $2.5 trillion, which President Biden signed into impact. The value was $47,695, and Bitcoin fell 0.11%.
- January 19, 2023: The U.S. once more reached the debt ceiling. The value of Bitcoin fell 0.55%, which was at $21,085.
- To conclude, the debt ceiling negotiations are a nonevent in the direction of Bitcoin value, and we do consider the U.S. will probably improve the debt ceiling as they’ve achieved each different time.
The publish A historic take a look at Bitcoin’s response to debt ceiling negotiations appeared first on CryptoSlate.