Aptos, the so-called “Solana Killer,” has been probably the most closely mentioned subject prior to now couple of days. The protocol had beforehand vouched for with the ability to deal with as much as 160,000 transactions per second (TPS), and its native cryptocurrency, APT, is about to hit main exchanges in hours.
Now, merchants are flocking to the market, however it’s the unsuitable one.
- The worth of the native cryptocurrency of Apricot Finance (APT) has soared by a whopping 70% right this moment in an in any other case uneventful market.
- A more in-depth look into this explicit cryptocurrency reveals that it’s been what many check with as a “sluggish rug-pull.” It is a scenario the place non-public buyers slowly however steadily bleed out the value of a token over the course of some months, and it certainly tumbles with little to no liquidity in any respect.
- Previously 24 hours, nonetheless, the token’s quantity is up over 3000% and its value – by a whopping 70%. So what occurred to Apricot Finance to warrant such a rise?
- Effectively, nothing particularly. The rationale for this enhance appears to be the completely non-related launch of the Aptos mainnet and the next itemizing of its native cryptocurrency on main exchanges resembling FTX, Binance, and Coinbase.
- What’s attention-grabbing is that the native coin of Aptos carries the identical ticker as that of Apricot Finance – they’re each APT tokens.
- It’s solely doable that some customers have purchased the unsuitable token as a result of they didn’t do their analysis and for the present value motion to be a pump brought on by those that anticipated such confusion.