The quantity of staked Ethereum (ETH) has risen by 18% to over 16 million for the reason that community accomplished its transition to a proof-of-stake (PoS) community final yr, based on CryptoSlate information.
The 16 million staked ETH equates to roughly 13.28% of ETH’s complete provide — price $22.42 billion — 500,213 complete validators and 87,121 distinct depositor addresses, based on Dune analytics information.
Lido is the dominant staking platform
Lido is the dominant staking platform, controlling 29.08% of staked Ethereum. Round 4.65 million ETH — price $6.8 billion — have been staked by means of it, based on the offical Lido web site,
Different prime staking platforms — together with centralized exchanges (CEXs) like Coinbase, Kraken, and Binance — maintain roughly 26.7% of staked Ethereum, based on Dune analytics information.
Cumulatively, the highest 4 ETH staking platforms management 55.78% of staked Ethereum.
72% of staked ETH at a loss
At the moment, 71.7% of Ethereum stakers are at a loss by way of staked ETH holdings leaving solely 28.3% at the moment in revenue.
Stakers in earnings staked their cash when ETH was buying and selling at roughly $1300, proven within the chart beneath.
With ETH buying and selling at over 70% beneath its all-time excessive (ATH), crypto traders who staked their asset on the ATH have been hit most because the bear market.
Staked ETH has gained consideration in mild of the upcoming Shanghai replace which can enable stakers the flexibility to withdraw their staked ETH.